Requisition ID: 130190
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
At Tangerine, our purpose is to deliver best in class banking solutions to Canadians. We take a hands-on approach to challenges and always seek out opportunities to improve. Building a career at Tangerine is more than just a job; we are committed to making a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Who said that you have to hide your personality to deliver business results? We certainly do not, and that is what has made Tangerine a success. Come be a part of our collaborative, energetic and passionate client-centric team and continue to drive Forward Banking solutions for all Canadians.
The Risk Management mandate is to provide oversight, monitoring and reporting of all operational, credit and market risks, including fraud exposures on an enterprise-wide basis. It is comprised of four well-defined functions: Operational Risk Management, Retail Credit Risk Management, Wholesale Credit Risk Management and Market Risk Management.
The Fraud department is a centralized unit dedicated to the detection and prevention of fraud while ensuring an excellent customer experience. The Loss Prevention function operates on a 24/7 inbound and outbound environment. As front line Bilingual Detection Analyst, you will play a critical role in delivering an excellent customer experience whilst protecting customer assets. You will be instrumental in enhancing and protecting customer relationships through account monitoring and transaction verification. The Bilingual Fraud Detection Analyst (FEC) will report directly to the Manager of Fraud Detection.
Is this Role right for You?
- Monitor detection software and review alerts for suspected fraud and money laundering activities on a timely basis.
- Make outbound and receive inbound calls to review transactions identified through our fraud detection software.
- Determine the legitimacy of cardholder and/or authorization request to minimize fraud loss whilst ensuring negligible customer impact.
- Document detailed notes, clearly outlining all unauthorized transactions to assist the Loss Prevention Analyst with the investigation to reduce unnecessary customer follow-ups and minimize delays.
- Respond to incoming inquiries, from both merchants and customers, regarding referred, declined and/or unusual authorization requests.
- Handle internal and external customer inquiries concerning fraudulent issues.
- Receive all incoming files, check for accuracy and content. Enter information and scan all documentation into the case management system.
- Assign files as directed by the Investigators and Manager.
- Enter all Grid warnings received into the case management system and check client data base for any matches.
- Update and maintain the fraud data base with new information received.
- Manage on-going personal development by researching evolving technologies available to implement preventative solutions as they become available.
Skills you need to Succeed?
- University or College Degree
- Fully Bilingual in English and in French is required
- Minimum 2-3 years if experience in the Financial industry
- Previous experience in working in a fraud function is an asset
- Previous Call Centre knowledge in Fraud Detection
- Working knowledge of Fraud Detection applications
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where processes and procedures are constantly refined
- Ability to remain professional and empathize with the situation of an irate and/or upset customer
What’s in it for you.
- You’ll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team
- We offer a competitive rewards package
- Performance bonus, Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching
- Health Benefits from day one!
- Office perks: free healthy snacks (chocolate is healthy, right?) subsidized on-site cafeteria and parking
- You will enjoy work life balance, team events, and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.