|Number of Positions||10|
|Division||Recreation and Culture Services|
|Shift||Monday to Friday|
|Rate of Pay||$15.50 – $15.50 Hourly|
|Job Length/End Date|
|Job Type||Part Time|
|Posting Type||Internal and External|
Reporting to the Supervisor of Facility Operations – Arenas, the Facility Attendant I position is responsible for assisting with both facility supervision and facility operations maintenance at arena locations. This position is responsible for the security and safety of the facility and its patrons when no other full time staff is available.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the facility is open and closed at the scheduled times.
- Notifies Supervisor of Facility Operations – Arenas if other part time staff are absent during their shift or if there are Part time maintenance staff issues.
- Operates ice resurfacing machine and/or other specialized equipment.
- Performs general cleaning/maintenance (i.e. mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, window cleaning, washroom/dressing room cleaning, snow shoveling, garbage pick-up, etc.).
- Performs set up and take down of tables and chairs for events, meeting rooms, banquet halls, etc.
- Responds to requests from patrons (general public) and other City of Richmond Hill staff on general facility issues and/or maintenance requests.
- Is responsible for the security of the building.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are being followed by patrons and other PT maintenance staff as applicable.
- Assigns tasks to other PT facility maintenance Attendant’s Level 2’s as required
Duties and Responsibilities Cont’d (if applicable)
Education and Experience
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma
- Minimum age 18
- Standard first Aid, CPR
- AED Certified
- Demonstrates personal leadership
- Builds people and culture
- Cultivates open communication
- Shapes the future
- Navigates and leads through complexity and change
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The City of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
Please note, to be considered for a career opportunity at the City of Richmond Hill you must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada (or the World Health Organization). You may also be required to receive any COVID-19 boosters recommended by public health authorities. The City of Richmond Hill will consider cases requiring accommodation as stipulated by relevant employment standards legislation or regulation and/or the Ontario Human Rights Code.