Requisition ID: 143225
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada’s leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is and we continue to evolve on what it can be, using technology to create innovative, forward-thinking banking solutions with our clients’ needs in mind. We are made up of high-performing, curious, energetic and collaborative individuals who thrive in our high trust agile environment to deliver best-in-class solutions for our customers. We believe in giving people hands-on challenges and the responsibilities that come with them, allowing them to grow, evolve and create opportunities to build their career.
Are you ready to make the change and become part of an established disruptor with the backing of a highly engaged team? If so come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
As the Quality Engineering (QE) Manager, you will be responsible for the oversights and coordination of testing and quality engineering activities.
Is this role right for you?
In this role, you will:
- Supervise the test channels and testing team, including overseeing the following type of testing: Functional Testing (including automation), Integration Testing, Services Testing, Regression Testing, Accessibility Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Production Acceptance Testing, and other types of testing as required.
- Coach and provide mentorships to testing team members in various areas including business domain, functional testing, automation, and non-functional testing
- Manage and lead testing activities for multiple large scale enterprise-wide programs/projects for Tangerine that are executed in Waterfall or Agile methodology
- Assess the risks associated with the development aspects of each solution/project and define approach for automation, services and manual testing and institute change within the team. Document testing risks and provide mitigation and contingency plans from testing standpoint.
- Drive delivery excellence for test channels and testing teams under own umbrella by providing governance and continuous improvement, thereby generating high quality outcomes
- Collect strategic, technical, and operational test metrics. Analyze current defects and test execution trends and extrapolate data for predictive analysis
- Work with people of varied levels within QE and outside of QE Team including Business/Product, Engineering, PMO, Release Management, Design, etc. to meet key objectives and advocate for quality
- Ensure team’s adherence to governance and processes, timely management of any issue or escalation and facilitates overall escalation processes
- Manage and review documentation and creating of testing artifacts (e.g., test strategies, plans, estimates, test cases, metrics/dashboard, defects log/report, sign-offs) to ensure artifacts adhere to prescribed standards and audit requirements
- Participate in discussions with vendors related to testing methodologies, tooling, resources, POCs etc.
- Provide coaching, mentorship, development, recruitment/hiring, resource planning/management, team leadership and contribute to your team members’ performance and development plan
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
We’d love to work with you if you have:
- 10+ years of solid experience working within SDLC/TDLC
- 8+ years of solid testing experience within the capacity of Software Quality Engineering with at least 2+ years experience managing multiple QE teams for functions/projects in on-shore, off-shore model
- Extensive experience test planning and management tooling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project)
- Competent in/working knowledge with various tools including Defect Management Tools, Requirement Management Tools, Test Management and Planning Tools, Web Content Management tools and concepts, Banking systems and their integration
- Hands-on experience with Test Automation using Selenium, Cucumber or similar
- Proficient within API REST/SOAP testing and experience using related tools, SoapUI, Postman, ReadyAPI, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD and related tools and techniques; Jenkins/Dockers/Kubernetes
- Proficient testing background in the Canadian financial services industry
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to structurally challenge assumptions or ideas
- Ability to lead through influence in a fast-paced environment and work independently as well as part of the larger team
- Ability to work and collaborate with stakeholders from different departments and organizational levels
- Ability to manage the growth and career of direct reports at various levels
- Strong technical, analytical as well as Inter-personal communication skills
- Problem-solving ability, motivation to learn new skills, ability to take initiative & work with minimal supervision
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Engineering
- Any of these certifications – CTFL, ISTQB,CSQA,CSTE
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don’t apply here, being comfortable does
- Access to thousands of online courses so you can brush up on skills or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave, medical, vision and dental benefits and much more
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.